Are you a mother of a newborn baby who is concerned about the protection of the delicate skin of your baby without compromising on hygiene factors? There are various types of baby wipes available in the market, but mothers always look for ones which are safe to use on baby skin.
Baby wipe is made of very soft material suited for delicate and highly sensitive nature of baby’s skin. It is used to wipe the baby’s bottom when changing the diaper, wiping the baby’s face and hands and wiping food spills during feeding. It is essential for the wipes to made of alcohol-free chemicals which are tested to ensure that they don’t irritate the baby’s skin and other kinds of harmful effects.
Availability of various wipe brands and manufacturers create confusion for a buyer, so here are some characteristics which should be considered while buying one.
Characteristics of best wipes for baby
- Best baby wipes do not contain alcohol such as ethanol, isopropyl alcohol or benzyl alcohol. Instead, they contain medicinal anti-bacterial chemicals which protect the baby’s skin against infection.
- The fragrance is an essential characteristic of best wipes. Fragrance imparts freshness to the baby’s skin. However, synthetic fragrances can cause allergy. This is the reason why baby wipes using natural essential oils for fragrance are considered better.
- The channels present on the textured surface of the baby wipe picks up most of the mess while the rest of the wipe removes the residual mess. Thus, the mess is cleaned up efficiently within a small period. Less number of wipes are required if you are using a textured one.
- Wipes are large and thick enough to clean even heavy mess. Large and thick wipes easily clean up the serious mess quickly as opposed to small and thin baby wipes which tend to ball up when faced with a large mess.
- Baby wipes with a high level of strength do not tear or become thin when stretched from both ends.
Benefits of baby wipes
- Baby’s bottom area is exposed frequently to urine and stool. Folds and creases on the skin hold urine and fecal enzymes which can cause rashes if not cleaned properly. Baby wipes make the task of cleaning the baby’s bottom area at the time of diaper changes much more straightforward and effective.
- The natural pH balance of the baby’s skin is disturbed due to a dirty diaper. Cleaning the skin with baby wipes restores the original pH and prevents rashes.
- Oily substances can’t be removed easily by using water. Thus, baby wipes have a distinct advantage over water.
- Sponges and washcloths create friction on the baby’s skin and can also contaminate the skin. Hence, baby wipes are far better.
The top ten baby wipes you can get for your little one have been discussed here.
Best Buy Baby Wipes In 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Baby Wipes In 2020
- 1. Pamper Sensitive Baby Wipes
- 2. Bloom Baby Jumbo Sensitive wipes
- 3. Aleva Naturals Bamboo Baby Wipes
- 4. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
- 5. Kinder By Nature Baby Wipes
- 6. Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
- 7. Babyganics Baby Wipes
- 8. Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
- 9. Bloom Baby Wipes
- 10. Natracare Baby Wipes
- How to Use Baby Wipes on Newborn Safely?
1. Pamper Sensitive Baby Wipes
Pampers Sensitive is a soft grip textured baby wipe. Soft grip texture ensures that your that the wipes are gentle on the baby’s skin but effectively cleanses the skin of mess created by a dirty or wet diaper. The wipes have three extra absorb channels which quickly dry the wet skin of the baby. The moist wipes ensure that no residual mess is left on the baby’s skin after you have finished wiping. Other features of the baby wipes are as follows.
- Thick and textured enough to clean without requiring many wipes at a time.
- Stretchy sides which prevent tearing.
- Devoid of chemicals causing allergic reactions in babies.
2. Bloom Baby Jumbo Sensitive wipes
Bloom Baby wipes are jumbo-sized baby wipes which provides a large surface area for cleaning. Quilted design and texture enable fast and effective cleaning. The baby wipes are soft but highly flexible. The wipes are devoid of harsh chemicals such as alcohol, phenols, chlorine, quaternary ammonium compounds, sodium lauryl, and allergens. Other main features of the wipes have been listed here.
- Made of a hypoallergenic formula derived from plants which prevent skin irritation and rashes.
- Enriches the skin with Vitamin A, B-complex, and D.
- Suitable for sensitive, rash-prone and eczema skins.
3. Aleva Naturals Bamboo Baby Wipes
Alvea Naturals Bamboo Baby Wipes, as the name suggests, is made from 100% rayon obtained from imported varieties of bamboo. The wipes are capable of handling worst messes during diaper changes while being soft and gentle on the baby’s skin. The wipes contain natural ingredients such as organic aloe vera, green tea extract, chamomile, lavender oil, and tea tree oil. The natural ingredients soothe the baby’s skin and make it smooth. Other main features of the baby wipes are as follows.
- Devoid of harsh chemicals such as phenoxyethanol, chlorine, parabens, dyes, and sulfates.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Large size is suitable for cleaning heavy mess.
4. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes has won various awards including National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance. WaterWipes are made of 99.9% purified water and a bit of grapefruit seed extract which are highly suitable for babies suffering from rash and eczema. Other features of the wipes are as follows.
- The hypoallergenic character makes them suitable for sensitive skins. Free of chemicals such as alcohol, formaldehyde, phthalates, and chlorine.
- Can be used for teething, weaning and cleaning baby’s hands and face. Also, they can also be used for skin care for adults and elderly.
- Made of viscose and polyester.
5. Kinder By Nature Baby Wipes
Kinder By Nature Baby Wipes is eco-friendly because they are made using organic ingredients. Over 99% of the ingredients used in the wipes are obtained from natural plant and vegetable extracts. These are unscented baby wipes. Kinder By Nature is the recipient of Baby Award and Gold Mother Award. Other features of the wipes are as follows.
- Tea tree oil and aloe vera make the baby’s skin soft and safe.
- Free of alcohol, paraben, and perfume.
- Suitable for babies with sensitive skin and eczema.
6. Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
Amazon Elements Baby Wipes are made of pharmaceutical-grade purified water, cucumber and aloe and green tea oil. Water content is 98.3%. Combination of natural ingredients thoroughly cleans and soothe the baby’s skin. The wipes are soft, sturdy and large. Apart from the diaper area, the wipes can also be used to clean hands and face. Other main features are as follows.
- Free of alcohol, dyes parabens, phthalates, and methylisothiazolinone.
- Comes in 6 flip-top packs containing a total of 80 wipes.
- Auto-delivery option by Amazon saves money on each order.
7. Babyganics Baby Wipes
Babyganics Baby Wipes are made of natural ingredients obtained from plants. Chamomile used in the wipes soothes the skin of the baby and also provides relief from diaper rashes. 100% natural seed oil blend made from sunflowers, tomatoes, red raspberries, cranberries, and black cumin nourishes and protects the baby’s skin. Due to natural ingredients, the wipes are non-allergenic which make them suitable for even sensitive skins. Other features of the wipes are as follows.
- Thick, soft and large for easily cleaning messes while being gentle on the skin.
- Easily clean the bottom, hands, and face.
- Free of alcohol, dyes, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, and sulfates.
8. Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
Wipes are highly suited for newborn babies. Aloe vera and Vitamin E along with other natural ingredients effectively cleans and nourishes soft and sensitive skins of newborns. Balanced pH of the wipes keeps the skin in a healthy state. Apart from the bottom, these wipes can also be used to wipe the delicate facial skin. Other main features of the wipes are as follows.
- Thick, soft and durable.
- Devoid of harsh chemicals such as alcohol, parabens, phenoxyethanol, and MIT.
- Comes in three packs containing a total of 648 wipes.
9. Bloom Baby Wipes
Bloom Baby Wipes are made of plant-based cellulose and contain Vitamins A, B-complex and D which nourish and protect the skin. 100% hydro pure water is also used to make the wipes. The wipes are thick, large and soft with good cleaning capacity. Other features of the wipes are as follows.
- The hypoallergenic character makes them suitable for sensitive skins.
- It is highly suited for rash-prone and eczema skins.
- Free of alcohol, formaldehyde carriers, parabens, phenols, and other harsh chemicals.
10. Natracare Baby Wipes
Natracare Baby Wipes are made of certified 100% organic cotton. Ingredients used are organic essential oils such as linden, apricot and chamomile essential oils which nourish the skin. Organic ingredients make them suitable for sensitive skin. Other features have been listed here.
- Free of chlorine.
- Ideal for vegans because neither animal ingredients are used nor are they tested on animals.
How to Use Baby Wipes on Newborn Safely?
Why you should take extra care of your baby during the summer?
Newborn babies are most prone to rashes, dry skin and heat rashed during the summer. It is their parent’s job to protect their babies from such issues. The skin of a baby is delicate and you need to provide special care for your children. You do not have to apply any cream or oil on the baby as there are some better options available for them.
As you already know, the temperature in the summer can be unbearable and you need to make sure to take care of everything. If you do not wipe off the sweat from your baby then they will start to feel uncomfortable. You cannot just give a bath to your kids, every time they start to sweat. So you need to start looking for a better alternative for your kids to help in cleaning them.
Common problems for babies in summer
One of the most annoying problems during the summer can be the heat. The rise in the temperature can result in rashes, dry skin and diaper rash to your baby. If the sweats are not wipes then it can clog the pores of the baby. Instead of just giving your baby a bath you can wipe off the sweat. It is a better alternative to giving a bath to your baby as their skin is sensitive. You can find baby wipes that will help in cleaning your newborn baby and help them get rid of dust and dirt. It will also provide moisture to your baby’s skin and keep them protected.
You can just take out the baby wipe and gently use it on your baby’s skin. Just make sure to wipe off all the sweat from your baby to keep them clean and protected. Such things are important and you need to make sure to find the best baby wipes for your newborn baby. Nowadays you can buy them from online stores, so get a baby wipe of a trusted brand.
What types of baby wipe you should avoid
One thing that you need to remember when buying baby wipes is to buy alcohol-free and unscented baby wipes. These two types of baby wipes are not good for the newborn baby’s skin. The alcohol or the scented baby wipes can cause itchiness in the skin which can lead to rashes.
The above-mentioned baby wipes are best in terms of ingredients, strength, ease of use and general quality. You need to understand your baby’s needs before selecting one. Baby’s skin is very sensitive. Hence it is essential to use the best sensitive wipes so that there are fewer chances of developing rashes.