Using a French Press may seem time-consuming or even cumbersome at first, but most coffee enthusiasts believe that there is something different about the end result which makes all the effort worth it. With a French press, all the oils and flavors in the coffee are further enhanced while brewing. The temperature may also be regulated easily, since water is separately heated up on the stove, and later on added after reaching a specific temperature. The end result is a delicious, robust cup of coffee which is filled with more flavor than the standard coffee machine.
Have you ever tasted coffee from a classical french press coffee maker?
Table of Contents
- Have you ever tasted coffee from a classical french press coffee maker?
- What to Look for in a French Press Coffee Maker?
- Ease of cleaning
- In this review, we’ve listed out the best french press coffee makers for you on your hunt for a coffee press.
- 1. KONA French Press Coffee Maker –Best Overall French Press Coffee Maker
- 2. Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Best for Preparing Supersized Coffee
- 3. Frieling USA Double Wall Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Best Double Wall French Press Coffee Maker
- 4. Bodum BRAZIL Coffee Maker, French Press Coffee Maker – Most Budget Friendly French Press
- 5. Kitchen Supreme French Coffee & Tea Maker Complete Bundle – Best Coffee and Tea Maker Bundle
- 6. SterlingPro French Press Coffee & Tea Makers – Most Portable French Press
- 7. Kuissential Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Real Value for Your Money
- 8. SterlingPro DoubleWall Stainless Steel French Coffee Press – Most Elegant Styled French Press
- 9. Bodum Chambord 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker – Greenest Way to Brew Coffee
- 10. VonShef Double-Wall Keep Warm Satin Brushed Stainless Steel French Press Cafetiere Coffee Filter – User Friendly French Press
- How to Choose the Best French Press Coffee Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions about French Press
If you have:
Then you find the best right web to buy one for your own.
What to Look for in a French Press Coffee Maker?
Ease of cleaning
However, as the number of coffee lovers increase, more manufacturers have also started introducing their very own French Press Coffee Makers. This can result to confusion and a challenging time when selecting for your own. In order to help you out, we have come up with a list of the top 10 best French Press Coffee Makers in 2020. We have also prepared a buyer’s guide which will provide you with some tips on how to choose the best one.
In this review, we’ve listed out the best french press coffee makers for you on your hunt for a coffee press.
1. KONA French Press Coffee Maker –Best Overall French Press Coffee Maker
This French Press is constructed using extra-thick borosilicate glass. As such, you can expect that this model is thermal shock resistant, and reasonably durable at the same time. This means that this coffee maker can be brought during camping, as well as during other outdoor activities.
This coffee maker uses the classic method for brewing, efficiently extracting the essential oils of the coffee beans in order to deliver rich and bold flavor. It is also portable, lightweight and compact, allowing you to enjoy amazing coffee anytime and anywhere.
- Durable and aesthetic style
- Thermal shock resistant
- Versatile brewing machine
- Comfortable handle
- Outer shell construction
- Not insulated
- Tendency for the plunger to become unstable
2. Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Best for Preparing Supersized Coffee
This coffee maker is constructed with stainless steel from both inside and out, thus allowing it to complement other items on your countertop. It also ensures that your coffee stays warm for longer. The double wall construction also improves insulation capacity. It also has a 3-layer filter which ensures that even the finest grounds are prevented from marring your coffee with those muddy leftovers.
- Glossy stainless steel finish
- Optimum insulation
- Double wall construction
- Cool touch handle
- Triple-layered filter
- Quite challenging to clean
3. Frieling USA Double Wall Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Best Double Wall French Press Coffee Maker
This French Press is constructed using durable stainless steel construction, making it ideal for use every day, and resistant to common wear and tear. This carafe does not use BPA, and features a double-wall insulation, thus making it retain heat four times longer compared to standard glass pots.
It also features a two-stage filtration system that uses a pre-filter and extra-fine mesh filter that gives the assurance that your coffee is sediment free.
- Durable quality
- Authentic style and design
- Can also be used as a serving pitcher
- Full-length handle
- Easy to use
- May be challenging to clean the screen filter
- Not meant for use as thermos to keep the coffee hot
4. Bodum BRAZIL Coffee Maker, French Press Coffee Maker – Most Budget Friendly French Press
This model of French Press coffee maker comes with a functional and attractive design. It is also affordable at the same time. It also features a polypropylene handle and base, and ultra-light glass beaker, making it really use to use, while giving extra durability.
All parts of this coffee maker are dishwasher free, making them easy to clean. There are also different colors to choose from, allowing you to choose one that will best represent your preferences.
- Heat resistant borosilicate glass
- 3-part stainless steel plunger
- Maximum flavor
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use
- Some issue with durability
5. Kitchen Supreme French Coffee & Tea Maker Complete Bundle – Best Coffee and Tea Maker Bundle
This 3-in-1 bundle from Kitchen Supreme is designed as a coffee, tea, and espresso maker. This set also comes with a stainless steel measuring spoon that can be used for measuring honey, sugar and dessert. Other inclusions are 4 screen filters, 1 instruction note, and an ECO packaging.
This French Press is constructed using heat-resistant and highly dependable Double German glass, thus ensuring endurance and extreme durability.
- Comes with all utensils you need
- 4-filter system
- Versatile French Press
- Durable Double German glass
- Extracts flavors and essential oils from the coffee grounds
- The glass seem so thin
- Does not come with a rubber seal
6. SterlingPro French Press Coffee & Tea Makers – Most Portable French Press
This coffee maker from SterlingPro is created using borosilicate glass, offering durability, as well as high resistance to heat. Its stainless steel frame also provides protection to the glass coming from all sides, making it durable, and at the same time aesthetically attractive.
It also features a double-screen filtration system which provides the guarantee that there will be no sediments included in your cup of coffee. The handle is constructed using insulated plastic material, making it look artistic.
- Appealing design
- Superior durability
- Double-screen filtration method
- Double wall insulation
- Retains heat longer
- Coating peels off quite easily
- May be tricky to assemble
7. Kuissential Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker – Real Value for Your Money
This French Press coffee maker offers a double wall construction, coupled with an insulated stainless steel design, making it well resistant to heat. It also retains heat, thus allowing you to enjoy another serving of coffee after your first. This model is also easy to clean, since all of the parts are dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Makes coffee, tea or espresso
- Double wall construction
- Insulated stainless steel design
- Hold optimal temperature for brewing
- Easy to clean
- Some sediments get into the filter
8. SterlingPro DoubleWall Stainless Steel French Coffee Press – Most Elegant Styled French Press
This double wall coffee maker has a capacity of 1 liter for brewing, thus producing about 4 mugs, or 8 standard cups of coffee. It is designed with an elegant-looking style, and durable at the same time. Both the exterior and interior parts are made using 18/10 stainless steel which is dishwasher safe and rust-proof. This machine also utilizes a double-screen filter that ensures that no sediments will go inside your coffee cup.
- Double-wall stainless steel construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Stylish and attractive design
- Exclusive double screen system
- No plastic components
- No measurement markings on the carafe
9. Bodum Chambord 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker – Greenest Way to Brew Coffee
The Chambord model from Bodum features a carafe that is made of heat-resistant, durable borosilicate glass. It also has a heat resistant handle and a stainless steel frame, thus ensuring ease of use and safety as the same time. It also features a 3-part stainless steel mesh filter, helpful in extracting the aromatic oils and flavors of your coffee.
- Dishwasher safe
- Heat resistant handle
- Durable overall construction
- Extracts oils and flavors from your coffee grounds
- Stainless steel frame
- Quite flimsy
10. VonShef Double-Wall Keep Warm Satin Brushed Stainless Steel French Press Cafetiere Coffee Filter – User Friendly French Press
This French Press coffee maker comes in three different sizes, depending on your need. It is constructed using high-quality satin brushed stainless steel, thus ensuring the highest quality of construction. It also comes with a stainless steel plunger that will filter the ground coffee, making sure that no sediments will be included to your drink. Cleaning this coffee maker up is easy since all components are dishwasher safe.
- Available in three different sizes
- Other inclusions: measuring spoon and bag sealing clip
- Stainless steel plunger included
- High quality construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Filter screen may be challenging to remove
- Produces loud screeching noise while operating
How to Choose the Best French Press Coffee Maker
In order to choose the best French Press coffee maker which will meet your personal needs and preferences, there are certain factors that you can definitely take into consideration:
One very important point that you need to take into consideration is capacity. Oftentimes, you can see a machine promoted as yielding a specific amount, such as 8 cups, but when you finally poured it, you only get a cupful, and some more. The possible reason behind this is because the standard measurement for coffee cups is 4 ounces.
Therefore, if you are using a bigger coffee mug, you might notice that the content is just enough for 1 or 2. To be safe, search for a French Press Coffee Machine with an overall capacity of 34 ounces or 1 liter, rather than counting the number of cups it can serve.
Double Wall Construction
One thing to note is that this option is not generally available with glass carafes. However, a coffee maker that comes with double wall construction can help to improve heat retention, so that your next cups will just be as satisfying as the first one. The capacity of the double wall construction also depends on the type of materials used. Stainless steel, stainless steel-lined copper, as well as borosilicate glass are the best options.
While glass carafes offer a lovely look, allowing you to see the progress of the brewing process, thin glasses may be fragile. As such, you can search for ones with most robust construction. Among those are carafes made of borosilicate glass, thus helping in tempering thermal shock.
Frequently Asked Questions about French Press
1. What is a French Press?
A French Press is usually made from glass or chrome steel. It is essentially a beaker with a piston. It’s Coffee-making doesn’t really get any easier than this. Once you get a French Press, you’ll realize you knew the way to use right along.
2.Why French press coffee is bad for you?
It can potentially raise your bad cholesterol.
3.Is glass or stainless steel better for French press?
Stainless Steel is better than glass because of its two advantages over the glass models.
4. How much does a French Press cost?
It depends on the size. There are presses under $20 and presses over $50.
5. What is the best French press coffee maker to buy?
As you may have seen from the list above, each model of French Press Coffee Makers come with their own set of features, some of which are unique. This goes to show that when it comes to options, there’s a lot in front of you. The items also range in prices. However, keep in mind that price does not automatically translate to quality and performance. Therefore, it is highly recommended to list the features that you would like to see in your own French Press, and start comparing from there. Overall, however, we find that the KONA French Press Coffee Maker offers the best value for your money, especially in terms of performance and quality.