If you are constantly online these days, having your own microphone is important. A microphone gives you the capacity to represent your voice in the virtual world. Whether you want to stream the newest games, create content on YouTube, or talk to your loved ones through video conferencing, you will definitely need a microphone that will carry your message online.
However, with the number of microphones that are currently available these days, choosing the best one can turn out to be challenging. While there are some microphones that are attached to headsets, the best one, and the recently introduced models are USB microphones. These microphones are designed to focus on the capacity to create clear voices inputted online, making it ideal for activities such as recording.
The following items in this list are the top 9 best USB Microphones in 2020. If you are looking for one for yourself, why not take a look at the features included in each model, and make a sound purchasing decision in the end.
View of The Best USB Microphones For Your Home:
Table of Contents
- View of The Best USB Microphones For Your Home:
- 1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Best Overall USB Microphone
- 2. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone – Most Recommended Condenser USB Microphones
- 3. KLIM Desktop USB Microphone Stand for Computer Laptop PC and PS4 Gaming Mic – Best USB Microphone for Gaming
- 4. Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone – Best Large Diaphragm USB Studio Microphone
- 5.USB Condenser Mic Fifine Plug & Play Desktop Microphones For PC/Computer – Most Elegantly Designed Condenser Microphone
- 6. CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone – Best Studio Recording Microphone
- 7. Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone – Best Side-Address Designed Condenser Microphone
- 8. Floureon BM-800 Condenser Microphone – Best Vocal Intelligible Design
- 9. Apogee MiC 96k Professional Quality Microphone for iPad, iPhone – Best Mobile Professional Microphone
1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Best Overall USB Microphone
Everything about this USB Microphone is admirable. From its design, to the clarity of sound that it produces, there is no doubt why it is recommended as the best USB Microphone for 2020. These are the basic things that you may want to have from your USB headphones. Aside from that, it also comes with extra features that make it very amazing.
This USB Microphone from Blue Yeti is designed as a plug-and-play microphone that can be used in recording directly to your computer without any problems. This means that you can simply record anything using this microphone because it only uses the highest quality, state-of-the-art, uniquely special tri-capsule technology so that you will only expect studio-quality recordings using this microphone.
Designed to record almost anything
- Tri-capsule array feature included
- Equipped with 4 pattern nodes
- Highly versatile USB microphone
- Gain control included
- May tend to pick-up outside noise
2. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone – Most Recommended Condenser USB Microphones
One of the features that you may want your USB microphone to have is ease of use. This is something that Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone offers. It is so easy to use that all you have to do is to plug this microphone into a USB jack, and you can start recording right away!
This is an ideal external microphone which can serve as an alternative option to the built-in microphone inside your computer. Aside from convenience of use, this model is also designed to produce the highest quality of recorded voice that you could ever expect. With its iCE cardioid condenser technology, it can offer these things to you.
- Custom condenser capsule
- Clear audio recording
- Easy to use
- Convenient to install
- Sensitive in picking up background noise
3. KLIM Desktop USB Microphone Stand for Computer Laptop PC and PS4 Gaming Mic – Best USB Microphone for Gaming
This microphone is designed in a way that makes it one of the most effective microphones that you will ever find currently available these days. It is equipped with all of the positive qualities that you may expect out of a USB microphone, especially when it comes to delivering only the highest quality of sound recording and output. On top of that, it is also known for its durability.
This desktop USB microphone is also equipped with all needed features, producing great sound quality. It is highly sensitive, featuring a patented audio filter in order eliminate background noise, while focusing on the noise alone. An anti-pop filter is also included to further improve sound quality.
- Amazing sound quality
- Plug’N’Record technology for convenience of use
- Ideal for any activity involving audio recognition and speech recognition
- Compatible with all desktop brands
- Built to last for a long time
- Does not have instructions for troubleshooting
4. Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone – Best Large Diaphragm USB Studio Microphone
Samson is considered as one of the most recognized brands in the business of audio solutions. This Meteor Mic USB studio microphone is equipped with all the needed features that you will find in other expensive models – all available at a much affordable price. This model produces solid sound for any type of application. One of its most amazing features include having the largest condenser diaphragms.
Other features include a cardioid pickup pattern, smooth frequency response, as well as a 16-bit 44.1/48 kHz resolution which can give you amazing professional audio results regardless of whatever it is that you may be recording. In terms of design, it also features a chrome plated body and a fold-back leg design which will certainly look amazing on your table.
- Does not need any driver to operate
- Ideal for podcasting
- USB cable and carry pouch included
- Smooth frequency response
- Cardioid pickup pattern technology
- Knob resistance for the volume control
5.USB Condenser Mic Fifine Plug & Play Desktop Microphones For PC/Computer – Most Elegantly Designed Condenser Microphone
This USB Condenser Mic from Fifine is designed to provide you the best tool to create the best-quality recordings. For one, it uses a distinctive cardioid pickup pattern, making it ideal for users who create content for YouTube, podcasting, or creating commentaries. Since it is USB powered, you no longer have to deal with an external power source, as you can directly record studio quality output to your computer.
In terms of design, the volume and echo rotary knob is located on the front, thus allowing you to decrease the microphone’s sensitivity. This results to sound quality that is clear, even for very loud sounds. It is also created using durable metal construction, featuring a sturdy tripod desk stand which ensures ease of use.
- Cardioid pickup pattern creates high quality sound
- Compatible with any desktop brands
- No need for external power source
- Knob control located on the front
- Elegant and stylish design
- Tendency to slide out of its mic stand
6. CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone – Best Studio Recording Microphone
One thing that you will immediately recognize with this model is that it actually appears like a real studio microphone. However, aside from aesthetics, it also features other interesting things, including the use of a large condenser microphone in order to create rich and warm recordings. It also uses a cardioid pick-up pattern which minimizes background noise, while isolating the primary source of sound.
This microphone is also designed with a smooth and extended frequency response, making it great for speech, singing, and recording instruments. It also has a bass reduction switch, which is highly effective in reducing room noise.
- Warm and rich sound recordings created
- Minimizes background noise
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh
- No software required for installation
- Tripod stand and cable included
- A sound filter is still required to eliminate noise
7. Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone – Best Side-Address Designed Condenser Microphone
With the use of the Cardioid Condenser technology in this USB Microphone, you can expect nothing but greatness from this model. As such, it is a highly recommended option for field recordings, home studio recordings, as well as voiceovers. It can easily be plugged into the USB port of your computer, functioning seamlessly using your favorite software for recording.
With its cardioid polar pattern, unwanted sounds typically picked-up from the background is greatly reduced, especially from the rear and sides. With its side-address condenser design, you can easily connect this microphone to your computer. A built-in headphone jack is also included so that you can monitor from your microphone directly.
- Side-address condenser microphone
- Built-in headphone jack included
- Controls located on the front of the microphone
- Reduced self-noise
- Excellent frequency response
- A bit expensive
8. Floureon BM-800 Condenser Microphone – Best Vocal Intelligible Design
What you can see included in this microphone kit is a condenser microphone, pop filter, and a stand. With its shock mount feature, it is designed to decrease handling noise, making it ideal for recording radio broadcastings, and other forms of sound recording. With the use of cardioid pickup pattern, feedback is suppressed, including low self-noise.
As a reminder, this model works only with a device which has the capacity to provide 48V phantom power adapter. This is because if the power is not enough, you may notice that the sound volume is recorded low. Aside from this, everything else is fine with this model. With just the use of standard screw adapter, you can easily mount the microphone shock mount on a standard microphone stand which is also included.
- Reduces noise handling
- Vocal intelligibility
- Convenient to use
- Suppresses feedback and low self-noise
- Complete kit included
- Requires 48V phantom power adapter
9. Apogee MiC 96k Professional Quality Microphone for iPad, iPhone – Best Mobile Professional Microphone
If you are looking for a mobile way to record sound and voice right at the very comfort of your home, this Apogee Mic 96K is the best option to take into consideration. This model is designed as a studio quality cardioid condenser microphone, ideal for both vocal and acoustic instrument recording. It is also recommended for recording podcasts, interviews, voiceovers, as well as DSLR audio.
In this package, you can expect a combination of a microphone, preamp, as well as an A/D converter, all into a single compact device. The manufacturer has carefully designed every part to provide the lowest noise output, and the highest quality signal that is possible from a digital microphone.
- Portable recording device
- Easy to use and compact
- Compatible with different devices
- Modern and elegant design
- Low noise input
- May not be compatible with iOS 11
One thing that you may have noticed in this list is that each item included seems to offer something unique. While this can make your choice turn out to be more challenging, it is good because you know that you will get something special in the end. Therefore, it is recommended to write down the features that you would like to see in a specific model, and start comparing from there. Out of the items in the list, no doubt that the Blue Yeti USB Microphone is the most recommended option. It combines a good balance between features, uniqueness and affordability. It is designed as an ultimate professional USB microphone which is equipped with features that will allow you to record anything. With its unique positionable design, you have control over the way you would like to use it. While this is the top choice in this list, the other models also deserve praise with the simple fact that they made it to the cut despite being introduced amidst hundreds of options.